1. A couple of Border Patrol/ICE people tell me that the US does not effectively charge an entry fee to non-US citizen individuals seeking to enter the US legally across the southern border. The point made by these border and immigration professionals is that the money would enable the construction and installation of more and better border barrier systems. They make the point that where border barrier systems have been installed the flow of illegal migrants is much reduced. Mexico evidently collects such a fee in the San Diego sector. My question for the lawyers is whether or not such a fee would be legal if put in place under an EO or would this require legislation?
2. We now have had Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS), Clinton Derangement Syndrome (CDS), Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), and United States Derangement Syndrome (USDS). I propose yet another Derangement Syndrome. This would be the Russia/Iran Derangement Syndrome (RIDS). In this syndrome now prominent on both sides of the political divide, the Russia of Pushkin, Turgenev, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, etc. disappears to be replaced altogether by Ivan the Terrible, Lenin, Stalin and the Soviet Union writ large to condemn Russia in our minds to the status of crafty inherently hostile barbarians. Well, pilgrims, maybe it ain't so! Ukraine? Are we really solidly behind a coup generated government of Nazi sympathizers in Kiev? Are we really? Is there really evidence that Russian Army troops are fighting in eastern Ukraine? Is there? Or is this claim just another example of Borgist (foreign policy establishment) information operations? Do we still remember that the Crimea was for centuries an integral part of Russia, not the Ukraine, until Khruschev, a Ukrainian, arbitrarily gave Crimea to the Ukraine. The Russians took it back? What a surprise. What a surprise! That doesn't fit with the "rules based world order?" Well, maybe there is something wrong with the rules that the Borg loves so much. Russia intervened in Syria to prevent a jihadi/Gulfy/Israeli/US handover of the country to the grip of a salafi satrapi of Saudi Arabia? Well, God bless them!
3. The Borg evidently thinks it bestrides the world as the standard bearer of the aforementioned "rules," commanding from the imperial capital on the Tiber/Potomac. A reminder of this "thought," is the statement today in the corporate media that the US "ordered" Soleimani, the IRGC Quds force commander (foreign interventions) not to leave Iran and he has had the effrontery to visit Moscow. Tell me pilgrims, what is the sense of such a statement. How is Soleimani a terrorist? He carries out his country's foreign policy as do our people for US policy. His men worked with Iraqi insurgents to fight us during our adventure in country building? Mathis, McMaster and all that crew are so deeply embittered by war that they cannot see the foolishness of that? They should grow up. "We fought them and they fought us." Germany, Japan, Spain, etc.? Come on! Grow up!
4. Pelosi appears to me to be demented.
5. "Shithole?" Well, SWMBO and I have lived and visited in many a "shithole." Haiti, Salvador, Yemen, and any number of African dumps closely resemble that description. Rude? Yes, certainly, but he is the "hard hat" president. IMO most Americans agree with him on this.
6. A lot of the newer, younger people on Foxnews' air appear to be making their reportage into the new CNN. pl