"Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry agreed on Sunday to seek a solution to crisis in Ukraine by pushing for constitutional reforms there, the Russian foreign ministry said. It did not go into details on the kind of reforms needed except to say they should come "in a generally acceptable form and while taking into the account the interests of all regions of Ukraine"." Reuters
Ahhh! This could well be the way out of the present escalatory menace.
– Russia "wins" the referendum.
– Russia abstains at least temporarily from de jure annexation of the Crimea
– The EU and the US insist on meaningful constitutional modification by the Ukrainian state.
– The resulting new Ukraine is not brought into NATO
– NATO reiterates that an attack on a present NATO state is an attack on all. pl