See that guy over there with all the gray hair? He was an FBI Counter Intelligence, and it's a wonder he still has all his hair, as he's pulled a lot of it out through out his career. Long hours, tired hours countering threats to U.S. National Security. See all the holes in the bottom of his shoes, they reflect many hours chasing leads. It's a job that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving. When anybody mentions the FBI, one thinks of a pristine swashbuckling debonair man in a suit without wrinkle one, the public at large still envisions the Special Agent In Charge that Efram Zimbalist Jr.'s portrayed in the FBI TV Series. What they don't see is the FBI's Counter Intelligence division hard at work behind the scenes. If anybody wanted to read a really good novel, that would be the one to read if they ever declassified it, and cleared it for print.
Do you know how long FBI Counter Intelligence has been around? FBI Counter Intelligence was created in 1917, quite a bit older than everyone reading this.
FBI Counter Intelligence deals with a host of threats, from the Israeli Mossad, to the Russian SVR, to the Chinese MSS, and beyond.
The Chinese MSS threat is at the top of the FBI's Counter Intelligence food chain. FBI Counter Intelligence is well aware of the 2049 goal of the Chinese Communist Party.
Some of the recent accomplishments by the FBI's Counter Intelligence dealing with China include:
- Alexander Yuk Ching Ma, a former CIA officer, was charged in a conspiracy to communicate classified information to intelligence officials of the People’s Republic of China.
- Dr. James Patrick Lewis, of Fairview, West Virginia, was sentenced to three months' incarceration for a fraud charge involving West Virginia University.
- Li Chen, formerly of Dublin, Ohio, pleaded guilty to conspiring to steal exosome-related trade secrets.
- Simon Saw-Teong Ang was indicted for wire fraud and two counts of passport fraud related to his failure to disclose ties to companies and institutions in China to the University of Arkansas and to U.S. government agencies.
- Dr. Charles Lieber, the former Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department, has been charged in a superseding indictment with tax offenses.
- Jun Wei Yeo, also known as Dickson Yeo, entered a plea of guilty to one count of acting within the United States as an illegal agent of a foreign power.
- Four individuals have been charged with visa fraud in connection with a scheme to lie about their status as members of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) while in the U.S. conducting research.
- And the list goes on.
Almost half of the FBI's Counter Intelligence current cases deal with Communist China.
To sum up, the FBI's Counter Intelligence are ever watchful, working their tails off to negate the threats posed to U.S. National Security.
Here are two good videos to watch: