If the economy stays as good as it is, it should be tough to beat Trump in spite of his ridiculous posturing. A lot of people know that he favors policies intended to please them; immigration, taxes, employment, trade, guns, limited overseas engagements, etc., and the people who mass for his rallies don't give a damn about what the elites and the I-95 corridor crowd think about anything. So, his chances are good in the electoral college where it counts, even if the Congress is up for grabs.
But, pilgrims, the Democrats seem determined to sweeten his chances even more than they already are.
Policies favored by Democrats in Congress or running for office:
- "Medicare for All." The title is a deception. This proposal has nothing to do with present "Medicare" which is a limited program for old people, a program that pays part of medical expenses and for which participants pay premiums. Medicare Part B pays about 80% of medical expenses. The recipient either pays the remainder or has a supplemental secondary payer insurance. "Medicare for All" is a single payer, government pays all, concept that wipes everything else off the board and which would cost a vast amount of non-existent magic money. Warren calculates the cost of such a system to be 52 trillion dollars over ten years. Say what? What? 180 million Americans would lose their employer funded health insurance in this scheme and Warren admits that around 2 million jobs would be lost in the health insurance business, and other health connected services. Her response to people rejecting such an outcome is to say that these people can go find work elsewhere, somewhere.
- Immigration. It is obvious that the Dems do not want to see immigration controlled. They see unlimited Latino immigration as a source of unlimited new votes that they think will go their way, especially in states where illegal voting can be made easy by state policies involving easy registration. California is a prime example. There is a reason why California refused to participate in a national audit of voting after 2016. Democrat hostility to border and immigration security police is recognized by the Deplorables as intended to create Open Borders. The Deplorables do not want to become a cultural minority in the country their ancestors built. This has nothing to do with race, whatever that is.
- Guns. Gemocrats want to take the Deplorables guns away from them. The Deplorables do not like that. They understand that the Founders did not want them to be a herd of sheeple completely at the mercy of central government. You don't think the Founders wanted that? Read Federalist Paper #46.
- Permissiveness in state and local government. The Democrats are letting our great cities become sink holes of filth. Sinkholes filled with inert masses of often mentally ill homeless people inhabiting city centers and trespassing on both public and private property. Drug apparatus and human dung litter the streets in places like; LA, San Francisco, Portland, Oregon, New York City. This list is long and with few exception these cities have state and city Democrat governments. The Deplorables have TeeVee. They watch Foxnews where the existence of such conditions is made evident. They blame the Democrats.
- Anti-business attitudes. AOC ran Amazon out of her district thereby depriving many of good jobs and is proud of that. Seattle tried to install confiscatory city taxation against major employers. Only corporate threats to cancel projects stopped that. Deplorables see that the Democrats are hostile to employers.
- Prisoner releases. A general release of prisoners awaiting trial is planned in places like NY State and City where Cuomo and De Blasio are going to release 900 prisoners on their own recognizance asking them to return for trial some day. Main Street shakes its head over such foolishness.
People in the Democrat Party.
- Biden appears to be both personally corrupt and senile. He has several times made errors with crowds (small crowds) by not knowing what state he was in. He is an aggressive, mean old man. (I know that from personal encounters). His behavior toward reporters who press him is nasty. When Peter Doucy questioned him about his son, he poked Doucy in the ribs and said that Doucy was not asking the right questions. And then there is Hunter who seems to be the ne'er do well family bagman. Do the Democrats really believe that most people are going to think that his appointments to well paid board positions were connected to anything but his father's positions? And then there was the 1.5 billion dollar credit for Hunter's "business" from the Bank of China. Come 0n! Americans are not stupid.
- Sanders. Someone said recently that "Bernie went to the USSR on his honeymoon and never came back." Anti-capitalist, hypocritical millionaire member of the rentier class. He expresses fully the ambitions of the marxist left in America. People understand that their well indoctrinated marxist children love Bernie because their marxist professors, spawn of the 60's and 70's, told their children to love Bernie. Unlike most Americans he detests Israel as an example of the "Western Imperialism" that his ally Ilhan Omar says they are going to fight when they are in office as a team along with Rashida Tlaib and AOC. BTW AOC has now stated that the 900 prisoner release is a good idea because we should not have prisons.
- Warren. IMO she is a poor man's version of Sanders, one who cannot do arithmetic. She has conjured up a vision of a world in which money has no real value. For her, money is just something the government prints. The inflationary effect of that kind of process seems to escape her altogether. She imagines that her various programmatic plans can be funded by beggaring the rich and large corporations. She does not seem to understand that doing that will kill the present economy and force the creation of a highly planned Soviet style planning and programming setup. That worked well for the Nomenklatura and nobody else, but presumably that group would have a lot of Ivy League faculty in it.
- Mayor Pete. America is not going to elect an open homosexual and his husband as president and First Partner. Maybe they will someday, but not yet.
- And then there is Hillary lurking and sniping at honorable people like Gabbard. IMO she is hoping that these crazies (not Gabbard) will cancel each other out and then …
If the Democrats beat Trump and the GOP with this set of disadvantages, they will deserve the victory. pl