Jim Herring has written from Oklahoma to provide the following analysis and rich trove of documents concerning atomic events in Iran. pl
"Remember how the bush-cheney cabal was quite critical of this agreement with iran and has declared that even iran’s full compliance with this agreement won’t suffice. that seems to be the reason that we have seen so much el-baradei bashing recently.
Iran IS cooperating with the iaea as requested, and the info that iran has/is providing IS consistant with the iaea findings. in short, a positive report which also makes no mention of any nuclear weapons programs or any such stuff.
four points to keep in mind with the report:
- IRAN IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH NPT
- ‘UNDECLARED ACTIVITIES’ AND THE ADDITIONAL PROTOCOL — the iaea has found NO EVIDENCE of a nuclear weapons program, the iaea can’t say that iran’s nuclear activities are exclusively peaceful since the iaea can’t verify the absence of undeclared nuclear activities in iran. the report requests that iran once again implement the additional protocol. keep in mind:
- the iaea doesn’t veirty the absence of undeclared nuclear activities for any nation unless they have signed and ratified the additional protocol. according to the iaea there are currently 40 other nations for which the iaea can’t similary verify the absence of undeclared nuclear activities. i.e. egypt (which rice recently lauded as a ‘model’ nuclear program) have refused to even sign the additional protocol, unlike iran.
- iran voluntarily implemented the additional protocol by allowing more stringent inspections for 2 years during the course of the paris agreement negotiations with the eu3 (even though iran wasn’t legally obligated to do so) — and still no evidence of nuclear weapons was found in iran. the ‘stuff’ the bush-cheney cabal a.k.a. admin. has given the iaea of ‘secret’ iranian nuclear facilities had been BOGUS [ see: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/25/MNGGKOAR681.DTL&feed=rss.news ]. iran has stopped providing that additional level of cooperation and stopped voluntarily implementing the additional protocol when THE EU TRIED TO CHEAT IRAN in the the paris agreement negotiations. iran has repeatedly stated its willingness to ratify and implement the additional protocol once its nuclear rights are recognized.
- issues resolved — the issue of iran’s experiments with plutonium has been resolved. this particular isn’t mentioned in the nov 07 report. but the modalities agreement of aug 07 stated that such had been resolved.
- outstanding issues — traces of highly enriched uranium where were found in iran, but to date iran’s statements about those ‘traces’ have been verified by the iaea to be accurate [ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/22/AR2005082201447_pf.html ] the traces in question were attributable to contamination from imported centrifuge parts. iran doesn’t have the capacity to make highly enriched uranium, it barely manages to make low level uranium.
- no suspension of enrichment. iran’s enrichment process is fully monitored by the iaea and determined fully legal on iran’s part." Jim Herring