I have very mixed feelings and thoughts about the man:
1. I like his economic policies. I don't believe any of the Democrat ravings about his policies being intended to benefit the 1% ers or that they have done that. I have looked carefully at the present federal income tax laws and that just ain't so. Look at the effect his policies have had on unemployment, especially of women and minorities. Look at how many jobs are available for new hires in America. Look at the reduction of taxes on working class people At the same time, we should remember that upper income people in the US were already paying the bulk of income tax in actual dollars BEFORE this new tax law.
2. If he wants to slug it out in trade negotiations with China and the EU, I am all for it. Let him not take counsel of his fears!. The trade deal with Canada and Mexico is so patently to the benefit of us all that a Democratic obstruction to the deal under "Fast Track" will surely be seen as purely political. Perhaps Trudeau can talk sense to Pelosi in his talk with her next week.
3. Immigration – US law admits 1.2 million permanent immigrants a year. That is enough. False appeals for asylum should be firmly rejected. If he wishes to round up illegals whose final status has been legally decided and deport them I am all for it.
4. He should stop insinuating that he would like a 3rd term. We do not need presidents for life in the US. If he wants a third term, let him sponsor one of his people.
5. He is allowing the consolidation of executive foreign policy power in the hands of neocons and Zionists. Pompeo, Esper (Pompeo's USMA classmate), Bolton, Bolton's stsff, these people seek imperial domination. Gina Haspel should fear for her job.. There are undoubtedly Pompeo stay-behinds at CIA.
6. He is seeking to make the Palestinians permanent serfs of the Israelis, a captive work force. He allows Israel to control US policy in the ME. Whether or not this is from political fear or conviction is irrelevant. They run our show and the belligerence toward Iran is a reflection of both neocon free floating hostility and Israeli desire to dominate the region using us as tools.
7. I like his space program. I like the creation of a US Space Force that will eventually be out of the grasp of USAF.
All in all a mixed bag. pl