"Arab foreign ministers decided Monday to send a delegation to the United Nations to represent Lebanon’s interests at the Security Council, an aide to Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said.
"The Arab delegation will support Lebanon’s position at the United Nations and seek to amend the U.S.-French draft resolution," the aide told The Associated Press." Yahoo
Arab League photo
of Amre Mousa
I have had the privilege of meeting with this gent (AM) on several occasions. I was always about the least important person at the meeting and so was able to concentrate on observing him.
– I would like to have the tapestry that was hanging on the wall in his Foreign Ministry office. (Wonderful tapestries in Egypt!!)
– He is good at dissimulation but at heart is a very old fashioned Egyptian.
– He is a Pan-Arab nationalist of the Nasser school. His survival to date in Egyptian government is a monument to his skills as a bureaucrat of vast guile and flexibility.
– He went from the job of Foreign Minister to the Arab League because he wasn’t as cooperative in matters concerning the US and Israel as his boss (HM) wanted.
– He does not really like us Americans. (strange)
Summing up – I like him. I don’t care for foreign leaders who want to be petted all the time and he does not. Is he crooked (money)? Well… Everything is relative. in the ME.
In short, he is George W. Bush’s idea of an "Arab League" Secretary General from Hell.
"The Arab delegation will support Lebanon’s position at the United Nations and seek to amend the U.S.-French draft resolution,"
You can bet your next paycheck on that.
If the Arab League condemns the resolution ultimately adopted, this will provide "cover" for the Arab rulers to re-position themselves with regard to the Hizbullah/Israel war, and they will do so. Israel’s high handed conduct in Lebanon and GWB’s assumption that he has the rulers under control insures that they will. They are not children to be treated this way.