Essential Elements of Information (EEI) or whatever they call it now are some of the bases for sound analyses. Others are a lifetime of learning background information.
To judge the current situation, I would need to know:
- Just how big and robust the various kinds of Ukrainian forces really are. In the Kharkiv axes of attack, they evidently achieved odds of somewhere around 8 to 1. They did that how? Their Kherson axes of attack drew Russian forces from the north. Clever, but that does not reveal what the overall balance of forces really is.
- What is the actual remaining strength of Russian operational and potential reserves. I suspect that without conscription Russia’s possibilities are quite limited at present.
- The terrain out in front of the Ukrainians remains a mystery to me. I know where the rivers and roads are but what about the ground in between? Trafficability, etc.
- How much ammunition do the two sides have?
- What is the actual state of politics in Russia? pl