“In Section 113, Emmanuel Suarez, 20, saw a woman break her nose while trying to duck behind a seat.
“Everyone around us was hiding under the bleachers or under the seats, and kids around us were crying,” Pillai said. “I mean, it just felt really real.”
David Lobe and his daughter ran out of the stadium immediately after the shots were fired. They went to Due South, a restaurant a few blocks from where the shooting took place, and were told to stay away from the windows. Staff had about 20 people huddled in a back hallway.
Karl Frisch, a fan in Section 306, was in a seat that, if he turned away from the field, overlooked where the shooting took place.
“We heard probably six to eight pops in relative succession in two groups, and first thought it was a firecracker or something in the stairwell nearby,” Frisch said. “And it was pretty clear almost immediately that it wasn’t, because park staff were moving around very concerned. And within like a minute of that we peeked over the railing and saw a group of officers around a person who was laying on the ground.”” washpost
Comment: What you see when you come to “worship” in DC is NOT real. The real DC is neatly divided into:
– The Black city that was largely created in the great migration out of the South pre-WW2 when Blacks came to a place somewhat familiar and similar to home but where they believed the liberal side of the Democratic Party (FDR and Eleanor) would protect them and give them bread in the form of federal “make-work.” They were not disappointed.
– The Liberal “reservation” in the NW quadrant of the city where the lefties of various shades of pink to crimson huddle in their Georgian and Victorian mucho-expensive enclaves secure in the knowledge that any Blacks who can buy into their neighborhood will be much like them culturally.
– The actual federal properties; military posts, government departments, monuments, tourist features like museums, monuments, the residences of our rulers, etc.
Home Rule was the product of Brain Flatus on the Left in the ’60s. That was the occasion for what has been called the “Run for the Bridges” in which much of the previous Middle and Working classes of the capital sold out (often at a loss) and fled to Arlington and Fairfax Counties in Virginia across the Potomac River from Washington City. The City of Alexandria was not so much a destination of choice as it was thought of then as a collection of old buildings, many of them abandoned.
Home Rule in DC has gradually and perhaps inevitably moved to the Left in its governance until the president lives in isolated splendor behind barbed wire with heavily armed guards surrounding him.
What happened last night in the “disrick” was that two cars full of hoodlums drove by the Nationals stadium during a game while shooting at each other from the moving cars. In response the crowd in the stadium panicked and rushed for the exits where for all they knew they would be fleeing into the gunfire.
- The DC government has lost control of the emerging gang warfare culture.
- The American people are easily spooked and cowardly. pl
8,685 total views, 1 views today